- Apply Online Now - Please list the items you wish to sell at your sale,. apply for your Permit at least 1 week prior to holding your sale.
- Permits may also be obtained at the Building Department at City Hall - 2 South Orlando Avenue, Cocoa Beach.
- Email - Send us an email if you have any questions or concerns.
Garage Sales Citizen Information
No more than 2 garage sales per any 12 month period per address. No signs may be placed on trees or utility poles. Garage sales shall not include articles of property purchased for the purpose of resale.
Household Sales Signs
Household Sale Signs: Temporary signs advertising a garage or household sale [Land Development Code Section: 5-04(c)]:
- One (1) on-premises sign per street frontage is allowed.
- Two (2) off-premises signs are allowed within a public street right-of-way at intersections. A maximum of two (2) signs advertising two (2) separate sales per intersection are allowed. Signs maintained at intersections shall not interfere with vehicular sight visibility. Installation of more than two (2) signs per intersection or any sign(s) which interfere with visibility shall be removed from the intersection in accordance with section 5-30.B.
- Household sale signs may be six (6) square feet or less in size.
- Signs on private property must be at least two (2) feet from the edge of street pavement and ten (10) feet from adjacent property lines.
- Signs shall be removed within twenty-four (24) hours of the end of the temporary sale.
- Must be located or installed in such a manner that would not cause damage to any underground utility.
Removal of Signs
Any unauthorized sign on city property or right-of-way may be removed by the city without notice to the owner. [Land Development Code Section: 5-30(B)]