Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates
Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Latest Update: May 21, 2020, 2:20 PM
Governor’s Executive Orders
The Governor’s Executive Order 20-87: All vacation rentals, rental of any house, condominium, cooperative, or dwelling unit that is also a transient public lodging establishment are prohibited from making new reservations or bookings and shall not accept new guests for check-in; has been extended until April 30, per EO 20-103.
On May 4, 2020 the Cocoa Beach City Commission extended the City of Cocoa Beach’s Emergency Proclamation until June 18, 2020. No alcohol on the beach is still in effect.
The City is providing a list of City restaurants offering take-out and/or delivery. You may also download PDF of the Restaurant list.
If you need to report an illegal parking situation please call the non-emergency number 321-868-3251.
A Declaration of Emergency Proclamation was signed March 17th at the Special City Commission Meeting. Please view the Proclamation for more information. You are also able to view all past public meetings online on Granicus.
- Effective May 31, 2020 at 11:659 pm Order # 17 Rescinding Orders 1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 12, 12A, 12B, and 16.
- Order 1 - No alcohol on the beach
- Order 2 - Towing and Fines for parking in closed areas
- Order 3 - General Employees Pension Board Emergency Powers of Chair
- Order 6 - Prohibiting Use of Non-Residentially Zoned Property for Beach Parking and Limiting Use of Residentially Zoned Property for Parking
- Order 10 - Waiving Purchasing Procedures During Emergency to Maintain Towing Continuity
- Order 12 - Revised Restrictions on Activities on the Ocean Beach
- Order 12A - Revised Restrictions on Activities on the Ocean Beach and Revised Beach Parking
- Order 12B - Revised Restrictions on Activities on the Ocean Beach Parking
- Order 16 - Phase 1 Opening of Restaurants, but Order 16A on the same subject is not rescinded.
- Effective May 18, 2020 at 8:00 am subject Full Phase One Opening of Restaurants in accordance with the State of Florida Executive Order 20-112, in accordance with the Governor’s "full phase one" reopening plan and in accordance with the conditions contained hereinafter in this Order # 16-A
- Effective May 8, 2020 all public beach parking will be open.
- Effective May 4, 2020 at 8:00 am Phase One Opening of Restaurants - in accordance with the State of Florida Executive Order 20-112, and in accordance with the conditions contained within this Order # 16.
- Effective May 4, 2020 at noon amendment to open certain non-residentially zoned parking until rescinded. City is removing prohibition regarding beach parking on privately owned property, but only as to those properties which have previously been approved by the city for paid parking. Otherwise, the provisions of Order #6 remain in force. Order # 6A
- Effective May 4, 2020 at noon - amendment to Order # 12. Beach access parking shall be permitted in the following locations: Shepard Park (south area only), Fischer Park, Downtown Parking Garage, 2nd Street South (ADA Accessible Dune Crossover), Meade Avenue (west of Cocoa Beach Pier entrance). Order 12B.
- Effective April 22, 2020 at 8:00 am till rescinded, Order # 12 has been revised to include sitting or lying on the beach for individuals and groups of no more than 5 people. Social distancing of 6 feet on all sides is still required. Parking is still closed and alcohol is still not allowed on the beach at this time. Read Order # 12A
- Effective April 3, 2020 at 8:00 am till rescinded, all ocean beaches in the City of Cocoa Beach are closed to all activities except walking, jogging, biking, fishing, surfing and swimming. Activities such as sunbathing, sitting in chairs, organized sports or laying on blankets and grouping of persons is not permitted. Read Order # 12
- Effective Friday, March 20, 2020 a temporary ban was approved on consuming or possession of alcoholic beverages on the beaches of Cocoa Beach. The fine for the violation will be $500.00. Order # 1
- Effective Friday, March 20, 2020 vehicles parked in locations that have been closed for use by the public shall be subject to immediate towing. The fine for the violation is $500.00. Order # 2
- Effective Thursday, March 26, 2020 all property in the City of Cocoa Beach that is not residentially zoned is hereby prohibited from being used for beach parking. In addition, all parking in residentially zoned areas shall be used only for parking for residents, their guests, persons doing work at the residentially zoned location, and delivery trucks when used for delivery. The fine for the violation is $500.00. The phone number of the towing company is 321-783-9494. Order #6
- Effective beginning Friday, March 27, 2020 and through Sunday, March 29, 2020 the beach will be closed from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm each day. This is a county wide order.
- Effective immediately beginning Friday, March 27, 2020 and through Sunday, March 29, 2020 the beaches in Cocoa Beach will be closed from 11:00 am- 4:00 pm each day. The fine for the violation is $500.00. Order # 7
- Order # 14 is withdrawn, therefore, it is not in effect.
For more information please email the City.
City Services and Operations
Cocoa Beach City Hall and city buildings have been closed to the public. In order to conduct business please call 321-868-3200 or via email. Contact information for each department can be found on the City Directory.
Open (or Modified)
- Permit information is available via email and phone. Visit the Development Services Page for contact information.
- Inspections can still be scheduled by calling 321-868-3217
- For non-emergency services please call 321-868-3251 for Police Services or Information.
- The public is also encouraged to use the City’s website for general information. City website is; www.cityofcocoabeach.com please sign up for Cocoa Beach Network News (CBNN) through "Notify Me" button. The City Facebook page is City of Cocoa Beach-Government.
- Services from PD Records and Property/Evidence Divisions will be by appointment only. Call 321-868-3265 or via email.
- Cocoa Beach Skatepark opening May 6th from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Only 10 skaters at one time, must practice social distancing by remaining 6 ft apart. NO BMX Bikes. To remain open, rules must be followed.
- All Public Beach Parking available as of May 8, 2020, for more Information please visit our Parking Page.
- Parks and Playgrounds open starting May 8th. Parks will be sanitized regularly, but we suggest that you bring your own sanitizer.
- Aquatic Center is open for lap swim only, please make reservations by calling 321-868-3240
Closed, Cancelled, or Postponed
- Cocoa Beach City Hall and Administrative Buildings have been closed to the public.
- All City Meetings and sponsored events have been cancelled through April, except April 16, 2020 the City Commission will hold their meeting pursuant to City Charter.
- The Tennis Center will be closed until March 31, 2020. The courts will be open for play but the office will not be open. There will be no attendants onsite.
- Recreation Center and Aquatic Center are closed until further notice.
- Fingerprinting services are suspended.
- Freedom 7 Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Bathrooms are closed at this time.
- All Special Events are postponed or cancelled through May 2020.