The Cocoa Beach City Commission last night passed Ordinance No. 1660 which allows the operation of golf carts in the limited boundary which is the green lines on the map below. Click on picture to enlarge.
Additionally, the following highlights the criteria that has to be followed:
1. Golf carts can be operated between sunrise and sunset.
2. Golf carts must be equipped with efficient brakes, a reliable steering apparatus, safe tires, a rearview mirror, and red reflectorized warning devises on both the front and rear of the Golf cart and have an efficient horn.
3. Golf carts can only be operated by a license driver-must have a valid drivers license.
4. Driving Golf carts is prohibited on bike paths, ped-ways and sidewalks.
5. Golf carts may transport only the number of passengers, for which the Golf cart was designed to carry. All passengers must be seated when transported.
6. Golf carts must be properly insured based on standards set by the city.
IF your Golf cart has all of the above equipment and is equipped with headlights, brake lights, turn signals, a windshield THEN you can operate at night.
Details of the Ordinance is located on the website under meetings.
Please be safe! (That's not in the ordinance but implied)!