QUALIFYING WEEK and VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The City of Cocoa Beach will be holding an election on November 8, 2016,for the purposes of voting for:
- Mayor - Seat 1 (4-year term)
- Commissioner - Seat 2 (4-year term)
- Commissioner - Seat 3 (4-year term)
The Qualifying Week to run for these Seats is:
NOON, AUGUST 22, 2016 to NOON, AUGUST 26, 2016.
To run for Mayor or City Commissioner, a candidate must be:
- a registered voter of the City of Cocoa Beach
- a resident of the City for one year immediately preceding qualifying
- and not hold any other elected public office
- forms need to be filed with the City Clerk, at 2 South Orlando Avenue, Cocoa Beach, during the Qualifying Week.
Inquiries on the Cocoa Beach Election can be directed to the City Clerk's Office (321) 868-3286, e-mail: email@example.com,, or visit the City’s Website at http://www.cityofcocoabeach.com/567/Commission-Candidate-Handbook.
If you are not a registered voter, voter registration books close on October 11, 2016.
To register to vote: contact the Brevard County Supervisor of Elections at (321) 264-6740 or register to vote on-line: http://www.votebrevard.com/Voter-Information/Register-to-Vote