IT'S TURTLE SEASON!!
Turtle season is in full swing- many nests have been spotted and marked! Four very important rules about our turtles:
1. DO NOT TOUCH or impede them in ANY way!
2. LIGHTS OUT! If you live on the ocean please turn off your lights when it gets dark or close your blinds. Also unless you are on a license turtle watch no flashlights on the beach either.
3. DO NOT dig any holes in the dry sand. When the mother turtle comes to lay her eggs she gets caught in the hole and she cannot return to the ocean and perishes.
4. Please be aware of marked turtle nests and DO NOT disturb them.
Please respect our turtles! Experts says we may have a huge number of nests this season.
* the above turtle picture is not from our beach