DEBRIS PICK UP PROGRESS
The City contracted with Crowder Gulf two months before the hurricane to be responsible for debris pick up. This contractor is in our City picking up. Here is their report so far.
1. 10% of the first pass is completed.
2. Convair Cove, Country Club, and S. Banana River Blvd have experienced the first pass.
3. Trucks will be moving to other zones as they complete streets.
4. By this afternoon a truck will be in the northern part of the City. Starting in the Brightwaters area and moving south.
5. Sorting is STILL very important. The sorting should be done parallel
to the street, as the picture below shows.
6. Debris is being picked up FIRST. A separate truck will pick up construction materials, fencing, and docks.
7. Florida Department of Transportation is responsible for picking up debris on A1A.
8. Please do not put debris in gutter or out of the right a way because our contractor cannot go on private property to pick up debris.
9. Please don't pile debris next to poles or cable boxes. The contractor must be able to get a bobcat under the pile.
10. Contractor is using both large and small trucks depending on access.