September 14, 2017
UPDATES FROM THE CITY OF COCOA BEACH1. City operations are up but limited. The following services are moving to Public Works (1600 Minutemen Causeway):
Assistant City Manager
Moving to a portable office facility- Police Command Staff
Staying in City Hall: Personnel Department, City Manager, Marketing, City Clerk
2. School open on Monday.
3. Bottled water still available at Cocoa Beach High School.
4. National Guard unit will be passing out water and is bunking at the Rec Center.
5. City will be opening Shepard Park, Pool, tennis and 19th Hole Grill- 9:00am- 5:00pm. However, golf course is closed at this time.
6. Wastewater Treatment Plant is off generator and on power. BUT please conserve water and hold off doing laundry.
7. 71% of all FPL customers have been restored. FPL anticipates all customers to be restored by Sunday, September 17, 2017.
8. Please treat all non-working stoplights as 4-way STOPS. Please stop.
9. All Special Events are cancelled.
10. Telephones at City Hall are not working at this time but will be up soon. Please call 321-868-3219 if you need assistance.
11. Debris pick up will begin Monday, afternoon, September 18, 2017
12. A separate CBNN will be sent concerning debris pick up.