DEBRIS PICK UP
Debris pick up trucks are working in three different locations in the City of Cocoa Beach: south, central and north. PLEASE SEPARATE YOUR DEBRIS- DO NOT CO-MINGLE VEGETATION AND CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS. A separate truck picks up construction debris. Debris pick up trucks will be working Saturday and Sunday.
- Separate debris into six categories when disposing along the curb:
- Electronics, such as televisions, computers or phones;
- Large appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves or dishwashers. Be sure to seal or secure the doors so that they are not accessible;
- Hazardous waste, such as oil, batteries, pesticides, paint or cleaning supplies. If you suspect that materials contain lead-based paint, keep them moist or contain materials in plastic bags so that the paint does not become airborne;
- Vegetative debris, such as tree branches, leaves or plants;
- Construction debris, such as drywall, lumber, carpet or furniture; and
- Household garbage, discarded food, paper or packaging.
- Place debris away from trees, poles or structures including fire hydrants and meters.
- Remove all water-damaged materials from your home and place curbside for pickup.
- Debris should not block the roadway.
See picture below