About Cocoa Beach
Within Cocoa Beach city limits you will find:
- 6 miles of ocean beaches with excellent beach access from one end of the city to the other
- 3 oceanfront parks with restrooms, showers and picnic tables
- A 27-hole public golf course on the Banana River
- An outdoor heated and cooled 50 meter public swimming pool
- State of Art- Skate Park
- Numerous children's playgrounds throughout the city
- A public tennis complex with lighted courts
- Excellent hotel / motel accommodations - all major chains represented as well as smaller "mom and pop" motels and timeshares
- A wide range of dining choices to fit the taste buds and budget of everyone
- Over 30 public transportation stops throughout Cocoa Beach.
- Tours of the Banana River Lagoon by boat or kayak - see marine life and wildlife in their natural habitat.
Be awed - Watch a space launch from the Beach! Kennedy and Cape Canaveral Space Launch Centers are just a few miles to the north. Even the locals come out to watch the spectacular views of day and night launches. Or spend a day visiting the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex - less than 30 minutes away.
Getaway by land - The Orlando Area attractions: Disney World, Epcot, Sea World, Universal and MGM Studios are all within 60 miles. Or visit interesting sites closer to the Beach like the Brevard County Zoo.
Getaway by water - We're just minutes from Florida's fastest growing port - Port Canaveral. Embark from the world class cruise terminals aboard affordable cruises to exotic Caribbean destinations or take a day cruise aboard a casino ship. Deep-sea fishing boats and day sails are also available at the Port.
At the end-of-the-day return to Cocoa Beach to enjoy dinner at one of the many dining spots on the Beach or kick back and enjoy the easy beach-style nightlife in Cocoa Beach. Local restaurants offer tasty fares for every appetite. Nightlife activities run the gamut from cool jazz clubs to beach side cafes.